Ever wondered how to make Weed Tacos? This Cannabis Infused Beef Filling is a delicious and simple marijuana recipe, perfect for making tacos, nachos, burritos, Sloppy Joes or any number of recipes. It’s quick easy and full of fresh flavors and fantastic feelings.
Recipe: How To Make Weed Tacos
3.50 g cannabis flowers ( 10-12 grams rosin chips/ ABV)
¼ cup olive oil (clarified butter)
1 lb ground sirloin (or very lean ground beef)
1 medium onion diced in small pieces
1 medium jalapeno diced in small pieces
½ tsp garlic salt
½ tsp celery salt
½ tsp ground cumin
(8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1. Grind and place the cannabis in an oven safe dish. Cover and Decarboxylate in an oven preheated to 250° F for 25 minutes.
2. Combine the oil, rosin chips (if using) and optional sunflower/soy lecithin in an oven safe dish. Add in the decarbed cannabis flowers. Infuse in the oven still set at 250°F for 2 hours.
3. 15 minutes before oil is ready you can begin prep of ingredient. Chop the onion and jalapeno into small pieces.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef, onion and jalapeno (optional) in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly.
5. Season cooked onions and beef with garlic salt, celery salt, and cumin. Pour tomato sauce and infused oil/butter over the beef, stir to coat, and simmer until thickened to desired consistency.
6. Remove from heat and serve hot with your favourite Mexican inspired dish.
Making Cannabis-Infused Oil or Butter:
- Decarboxylation: Preheat your oven to 240°F (115°C). Spread the ground cannabis evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 30-40 minutes to activate the THC.
- Infusion: In a saucepan or pot, combine the oil or butter with the decarboxylated cannabis over low heat. Simmer gently for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Avoid boiling, as it can degrade cannabinoids.
- Straining: Once infused, strain the oil/butter through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer into a container. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Let it cool before using it in your taco recipe.
Making Cannabis-Infused Tacos:
- Cooking Protein: In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, chicken, or preferred protein until browned. Drain excess fat if needed.
- Adding Vegetables: Add chopped onions and bell peppers to the skillet and cook until softened. Stir in the taco seasoning according to package instructions or your preferred blend.
- Infused Oil or Butter: Add a desired amount of your cannabis-infused oil or butter to the skillet with the meat and vegetables. Mix well to ensure even distribution of the infusion.
- Assembling Tacos: Warm up your taco shells or tortillas. Spoon the cannabis-infused taco filling into the shells. Top with chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and cheese.
- Serve: Serve your cannabis-infused tacos with your favorite toppings, such as salsa, guacamole, sour cream, or cilantro.
- Dosage: Be mindful of the potency of your cannabis infusion and the portions you use in the recipe to control the dosage per serving.
- Labeling: If sharing with others, clearly label the cannabis-infused ingredients to prevent accidental consumption.
Remember that the effects of consuming cannabis-infused food can take longer to kick in compared to smoking. Start with a small amount and wait at least an hour before consuming more to gauge the strength and effects.